Symptoms associated with the coronavirus (COVID19) may appear within 14 days of exposure to the virus and can lead to severe illness and possibly death.
Steam cleaning carpets should be done by professional carpet cleaners since they use state-of-the-art equipment and effective cleaning solutions. Powerful hot water extraction cleaning techniques clean carpet fibers at high pressure, killing bacteria, dirt, and debris, reinvigorating the carpet.
Reduce Your Exposure to Coronavirus
Cleaning germs is essential – to stop the spread of germs you’ll need to focus on areas where they’re most likely to multiply, such as the kitchen and the bathroom.
Cleaning relates to removing contaminants from a surface whilst disinfecting is all about killing pathogens. Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces just once a day will help with staying safe.
Cleaning hard surfaces is best achieved by using soap and water.
Disinfect surfaces after the initial wash and rinse with diluted household bleach solutions – bleach is very effective against the coronavirus. Alcohol solutions with at least 70% of alcohol are also recommended. Bear in mind that chlorine bleach loses effectiveness approximately 30 days after opening so use an unopened bottle to start with.
Deep Clean Your Entire Home
Deep cleaning your house can be achieved effectively by following a few basic guidelines:
- Spray window blinds
- Pay particular attention to the sink area – use bleach or a disinfectant spray
- Dust and vacuum hard-to-reach ledges and windows, and over cabinets
- Wipe down doors and door frames
- Clean and disinfect toilet rim, base, and behind thoroughly
- Wipe out and sanitise waste bins, recycling bins, and food bins
- Deep clean house ends with steam cleaning your carpets and upholstery
- Clean all kitchen appliances and surfaces with bleach solutions
- Wash shower curtains
Steam cleaning has proved effective against germs on carpets and furnishings, curtains, and mattresses. Moreover, steam grabs bacteria from hardwood floors as well.